Dorothy Cotter is an Irish actress, voiceover artist and writer. She is a graduate of the Gaiety School Of Acting, Dublin and has been working as a stage and screen actress for many years. Since moving to London in 2015, Dorothy has begun branching out into playwriting and directing, radio hosting, stand up, sketch, improv and filmmaking as well as continuing to work as an actress.
ACTING Dorothy has just filmed a comedy sketch with Marvel Comics artist Kev Hopgood. On stage, Dorothy recently performed in Stuffed at the Brockley Jack, London and in Hand at The Cockpit Theatre scratch night.
WRITING Dorothy wrote and produced the short film White Rabbit which was filmed, edited and screened in November 2017 as part of the Making Films One Month Challenge. She is also developing a comedy web series with a writing partner. In 2017 Dorothy wrote and directed the short play ‘In Confidence’ at the Chelsea Theatre’s Take The Floor scratch night. Her first short play ‘Plain Speak’ premiered at the London Irish Short Play Festival In October 2016.
VOICE WORK Dorothy works extensively as a voiceover artist, mainly for radio and tv commercials in the UK and Ireland. She narrated her first audiobook at Ladbroke Studios in February. Dorothy is represented by Volcanic Voice Talent Agency in Dublin and Excellent Talent in London.
Personal highlights include:
- Sketch comedy TV series The Savage Eye (dir. Damien O’Donnell)
- Playing 35 different characters in Dear Frankie (Gaiety Theatre and Irish tour)
- Best Actress nomination at the Feel Good Film Festival in Hollywood
- Playing SJ in 26 episodes of Bel’s Boys (ITV)
- Named one of Nialler 9’s ’15 Best Bands At Electric Picnic 2011′
- Improv and Comedy Writing summer immersion Second City, Chicago, 2016.
- Stand Up Showcase (Comedy Novices) London, 2016